Structuring the perfect opening to tee up your case
If you deliver an excellent opening statement, you tell the best story, you gain credibility, you frame the story your confidence surges, and you gain huge moment going into the case.
What you will learn:
- Why preparing your opening script sets you up to be the most prepared lawyer in the courtroom
- How to prepare your opening
- Short, punchy, factual sentences.
- How to start with the most persuasive fact adverse to the defense
- Elements of a great opening
- The well-framed story, set up the key witness testimony, introduce the harms, confront the defense arguments, and plant the seeds for the Verdict Form questions.
- Delivering a great opening